This video is of an excellent presentation by Luke Wroblewski, author of ‘Mobile First’, from An Event Apart.
His key points are;
- Mobile is the next form of mass media
- We are currently in a process of transition from ‘the desktop web’ to ‘the mobile web’
- So the process web designers and developers should engage in is;
- Taking what we know from the desktop web
- Adapting and optimising it for mobile
- Then finding new ways to do things that only mobile makes possible
- He looks at how to do this through the examples of making a better login form and improving the online checkout process.
- He concludes that the shift to mobile forces us to look again at what we are doing and find ways to do it better.